NSTAR Green: The objective of NSTAR Green is to enable NSTAR Basic Service customers – those who buy electricity from NSTAR rather than from a competitive supplier – to support electricity generated from renewable sources. By participating in this program, NSTAR customers will support the development of renewable energy resources in the region.Highlights
- Basic Service customers can choose to have half or all of their electricity use support wind power.
- There is an additional premium for this option. Beginning February 1, 2014, customers choosing to have 50 percent of their electricity support wind power pay an additional 4.240 cents per kWh, while customers choosing to have 100 percent of their electricity support wind power pay an additional 8.030 cents per kWh.
- Wind power is generated at Maple Ridge Wind Farm in upstate New York and Kibby Wind Power in Maine, before being delivered into the New England power grid.
- Customers can enroll, change options, or choose to end participation in NSTAR Green at any time. Changes will take affect with your following bill.
- NSTAR Green has been certified by Green-e Energy. This certification confirms NSTAR Green meets standards of environmental quality, that relevant information has been disclosed to potential consumers, and that the seller has acquired the renewable energy supply it has committed to deliver to its customers. A product label for NSTAR Green is also available.
Image source: http://news.boisestate.edu/update/files/2010/11/GreenEnergy300x300.jpg